Recipe: easy white bread in a cast iron pot

11:59 AM Valerie Ohata 0 Comments



While many of us are staying home right now its a perfect moment to learn something new.
I decided to try making my own white bread. My only condition was the very easy recipe while I had never made yeast dough before.
So this was not only my first to make bread but also my very first yeast dough from scratch. And I can tell you that it was a total success! The preparation takes about 5 minutes but the result is amazing!
If you are planning to make this bread for some exact date, then be aware that it takes 12-24 hours for dough to rise. Its better to prepare the dough an evening before and bake the bread on the next day.
You also need a cast iron pot with lid. I got mine from my father.
Later, when you understand the basics of making this bread, you can try to add some garlic, onion, seeds etc.
Vegan friendly!

To keep up with new blog posts please subscribe to my blog by clicking "Like" on the Facebook page or by clicking "follow" the link through the Gmail account on the right column.

Facebook: Body temperature
Instagram: valerie_ohata

Ingredients:

- 500 g of wheat flour
- 7 g of salt
- 0.25 tsp of dry yeast
- 450 g of warm water
- 1.5 Tbsp of olive oil


Preparation:

1) Mix wheat flour, salt and dry yeast in a bowl.
2) Add warm water and mix dough with hands or spoon.
3) Cover the bowl with clean towel and leave the dough to rise for 12-24 hours in room temperature.
4) 2-4 hours before baking mix the dough again. Cover with clean towel and leave it to rise.
5) Heat the oven to 230C.
6) Put your cast iron pot with lid into oven for 10 min.
7) Take the pot out of oven, pour olive oil in it and spread it around the pot walls. Put the dough to cast iron pot. Sprinkle olive oil on the top of the dough.
8) Cover the pot with lid and put into oven for 30 min.
9) Remove the lid and bake for another 15 min until golden brown color.
10) Take the pot out of oven and leave for 30 min to rest without lid.


Yours,
V.O.


Original recipe nami-nami.ee: Lihtne potisai


If you use my recipes, please add a link of the original source (my blog). I do not allow to use my photos without my permission.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: