Noa restaurant

6:37 PM Valerie Ohata 0 Comments



Noa restaurant. It was the day we married just one year ago.
I made reservation two weeks before. While we are living by and weather was nice (except wind), we decided to walk to restaurant. There is usual entrance with stairs and entrance for people with baby strollers and handicapped people just in front of sea. Waiter opened door for us and welcomed. But after that nobody paid attention to us, even if there were minimum 4 waiters same time and everyone saw us. I made voice first and said that we have reservation on my name. Waitress did not check their`s reservation book and just showed us only two available tables in restaurant without "reserved" mark. That means that nobody cares about your reservation and special requests which I marked in my reservation (what`s for they do have this reservation system then?). Well, nothing to do, we chose table on second floor just near real tree under open air roof. We needed to go out and enter from another door while we were with baby stroller. Nobody is meeting you in there and we needed to move some small tables which waiters are using for holding trays on, because it was just in front of this climb thing leading to second floor. Btw, waiter saw us moving them and did not even tried to help. Okay.
We got menu on our spoken language without request and started to choose. Waitress who served our table was smiling and friendly.
After order was made we got bread, butter and our drinks pretty fast.
As starters we ordered Foie Gras Slider and Eggplant Burnt End. Unfortunately we needed to wait for almost 1 hour to get them. When they finally arrived to our table waitress apologized for long time waiting and we started with our anniversary dinner.
Eggplant (on picture) had pretty strong goat cheese taste, it was covering all other tastes, so if you like goat cheese, then go for it!
My heart was stolen by Foie Gras Slider, it was really-really tasty. Crunchy inside and sweet notes of honey inside made my face smile. Mmmm, I still can feel the taste. It was popular among other restaurant guests as I could see.
For main course we had Marble Steak and Josper Rack of Lamb. I very like steaks. Juicy, big and soft steaks.. I ordered medium one and got that. Steak was not so bad and I enjoyed it.
Josper rack of lamb also was not that bad and tasted good. But it was very interesting, that I saw other Noa restaurant review and guests ordered same dish but it looked so different. I checked one more time if it was the same dish and it was. I was really surprised, that one dish can look THAT different!
Luckely we did not need to wait for main course that long but I asked waitress (it was different waitress who I was watching all that time while her face was looking really tired and annoyed *lol*) how long time does it take to get dessert. The answer was around 10-15 min. Alright.
While our baby got hungry and tired of being in stroller, we were waiting for waitress to come to make order. Finally I saw another waiter (I guess it kind of waiter`s help, they have different uniform and only help to serve dishes), I called him and he started to move to our table when suddenly he stopped a bit far from our table and I said that we would like to order dessert. He asked me one more time and I repeat "dessert", he asked me: "receipt?", no, dessert, please! *conversation was on local language just in case*. He finally understood what we want, no any smile and excuse, only a but rude "Aaaa" and he disappeared. After few minutes our waitress came and I repeated that we would like to order desserts and we made our choice already.
As a dessert we had Chocolate "hot and cold" and Tropic. Dessert came quickly but on of the desserts was wrong. We got goat cheese cake instead of Tropic. But it was solved fast and we got what we want.
As a chocoholic I had Chocolate "hot and cold". It was not bad but there was not enough this hot part in it.
My husband had Tropic dessert and it was tasty. I am not a big ice-cream fan but this coconut ice-cream was really soft, tender and tasty. Yum.

After finish our dinner, we asked for receipt, got it, payed and other waitress helped us to come down to first floor with baby stroller and opened door for us. I asked her if she could take picture of us and the answer was "probably not" and door was closed. Well, I was shocked a little bit but who knows the reasons why she could not take picture of us :D

Wishing tasty dinners,
V.O.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: