Recipe: quinoa with vegetables

12:35 PM Valerie Ohata 0 Comments



Have you already eaten quinoa before? If not, then it's time to try, because quinoa is a super food that contains a lot of iron, protein, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B2 and vitamin E. Quinoa does not contain gluten and is great for children. As I said earlier, my child was diagnosed anemia and we changed his menu, adding iron-containing foods to his diet, so quinoa appears in his menu at least once a week.
I buy quinoa in Rimi, Maxima, Selver (I check before where is quinoa on sale right that moment as it is not cheap). Quinoa is good with any vegetables, meat and fish.
I do not write the number of products, because I put everything about, taking into account how much my child eats or for how many people I make.


Ingredients:

- white quinoa
- water
- sweet potato
- cabbage
- broccoli
- cauliflower
- virgin olive oil

Preparation:

1) Rinse quinoa in cold water.
2) Put washed quinoa into a saucepan, pour water (one part of quinoa with two parts of water), cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until quinoa becomes translucent (with a white tail) and absorbs water.
3) Peel potatoes, cut vegetables and put in a saucepan with water, put on fire and cook until ready (about 15-20 minutes).
4) Pour remaining water from the vegetables and mix quinoa with vegetables, add a bit olive oil.


Yours,
V.O.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: