How to make number 1 for your baby's first Birthday

11:34 AM Valerie Ohata 0 Comments



Hi there!

I'm on blogging wave again and starting my blog posts with DIY. My dear baby boy became 1 year old yesterday and I wanted to make something by myself for him. While my handicraft talent is not really good, I decided to start with something easy: DIY nr 1 from tissue paper! And today we will see how to make it and what do you need to prepare for it. Let me say right away that making it is not difficult to make but it takes a lot of time (if you would like to make it in 1 day, then you should consider few hours for it).

What do you need:

✔️ cardboard box
✔️ scissors
✔️ pencil
✔️ ruler
✔️ eraser
✔️ hot glue or PVA glue
✔️ stapler
✔️ tissue paper in wished colors

That's all! Size of the number is up to you (but consider that bigger size will take you more time to make, so you need to start asap), I didn't want big one (mine is ), but if you would like to make bigger one, then you can cut out few parts of number and glue together. Also I used myself hot glue, while I didn't have PVA glue in home and it dries up faster. I used tissue in two colors: blue and white. The blue ones were big, so I cut them in two pieces.
So how to make nr 1? Let's see!

Take the cardboard box and draw nr 1 on it using pencil and ruler. If you mess up, then use eraser.


When drawing is finished, then cut it out with scissors.

Base is ready! Let's start with tissue paper flowers. Take napkin and start to fold it from this side where it's closed (it's only 1 side usually).

When folded, then put it in half and seal it with stapler downside.

Now unfold all the tissue paper layers. If it comes out that one side of layer is closed, then cut it as shown on picture or pull gently with you own hands. Voila, flowers are ready!

Take the glue and put it on flower (downside) and glue it on number base. I started from the bottom and before that I checked up how I will put all of the flowers. Just do it as your heart says, won't mistake :)

That simple it is! Of course you can make harder version of this number if you have time and willingness. I got away with simple version and I'm happy with it :)

If you have any questions or offers, do not hesitate to contact me.

Wishing an inspiration,
V.O.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: