Recipe: rhubarb pie

10:53 PM Valerie Ohata 0 Comments



My first rhubarb pie I made this year a month ago but totally forgot to share it in my blog, so I am making it right now :)
I made this rhubarb pie for 2 times already, one time in our home and one time in my parents home, I used a bit different ingredients (the recipe below is changed according to my try outs), different baking forms and, of course, different ovens. First time I used vanilla paste instead of vanilla sugar, I used only 1 rhubarb stick and I did not sprinkle the pie on top with sugar cause it is enough sweet for me (in original recipe they are using brown sugar for that). It took 20 minutes in my oven to get ready, I used 20x20 cm baking form. Second time I used vanilla sugar, same amount of rhubarb, did not sprinkle with sugar, used round shape form and it took 30 minutes to get ready in the oven. Honestly I liked this second one more than first one, it turned out soft and tender, especially it is good on the next day straight out of fridge!


Ingredients:

Base:

- 100 g of butter
- 85 g of sugar
- 50 g of sour cream
- 1 egg
- 180 g of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder

Filling:

- 250 g of sour cream
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar or vanilla paste
- rhubarb

Preparation:

Base:

1) Mix room temperature butter with sugar.
2) Add sour cream, egg, flour and baking powder mix with hands until soft dough.
3) Put the dough on a greased form and level it with your hands, make edges.

Filling:

1) Mix sour cream, sugar, egg and vanilla sugar.
2) Pour filling on the dough.
3) Peel rhubarb, cut it and put it on the filling.
4) Put in to 200 degrees preheated oven for 30 minutes until the pie turns golden.


Yours,
V.O.


Original recipe belongs to (translated by me): rabarberikook

You Might Also Like

0 comments: