Recipe: couscous with vegetables

12:53 PM Valerie Ohata 0 Comments



This food is suitable not only for adults but also for children. Couscous is an African pasta made from durum flour and water. It is easy to be cooked and tastes good. If I cook it for my child, I do not add salt, only olive oil. If you are making it for an adult, then add salt when cooking vegetables and when couscous is ready, then add olive oil or butter. This time I tried to add sun dried tomato oil in an adult portion and the result turned out delicious! Also I added chopped dried tomatoes, yum! My child loves couscous, try it!
You can add any favorite vegetables, such as cabbage, onion, zucchini, eggplant, garlic, cauliflower, various beans, etc. I also make couscous with salmon and minced meat.

Ingredients:

- couscous (I buy it in Rimi, Zara brand)
- pumpkin (I use Hokkaido pumpkin, sold in Rimi)
- sweet potato
- broccoli
- olive oil or butter

Preparation:

1) Pour water into the pot (the amount of water depends on the number of people for which you are cooking, 500 ml for one child is enough), cut pumpkin, sweet potato and broccoli, put in water and cook for max. 5-7 minutes.
2) Add the couscous to the vegetables (the amount of couscous depends on the amount of water, the water should be left a bit after adding couscous, about 100-120 g of couscous will be needed for 500 ml of water) and turn off the fire.
3) Cover the pot with a lid and let the couscous soak up all the water for about 10 minutes.
4) When the couscous is ready, add the oil or butter and mix.


Yours,
V.O.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: