Recipe: baby pasta with spinach, pumpkin and broccoli

11:07 PM Valerie Ohata 0 Comments



Baby alphabet macaroni with spinach, pumpkin, broccoli and olive oil.
Sometimes I am making different pastas for my son (1 year and 2 months old), this pasta was today for his dinner. I do not add any seasonings to pasta but you can add salt, basil, oregano etc if your child eats it. I made more "healthier" version :)

Ingredients:

- pasta (I am using Estonian brand Tartu Mill)
- pumpkin (I am using Hokkaido pumpkin, which you can find in Rimi (Estonia), cause this one is really tasty)
- frozen and chopped spinach
- virgin olive oil

Preparation:

I am making everything according to my feelings, I do not measure amounts and grams. Use as much ingredients as your child is usually eating.
Pour water into the saucepan (the amount of water depends on the amount of food), put pan on the stove, put spinach, chopped pumpkin and broccoli, turn on the fire. Boil for 5-7 minutes over high heat, then add pasta and reduce the heat. Cook pasta along with the vegetables for as long as they become soft (about 10-12 minutes, depending also on the type of pasta). If there is excess water left, pour it through the lid. Let the pasta cool down a little and then add olive oil (about 1 teaspoonful) into it and mix.
Pasta is ready :)


Bon appetit,
V.O.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: