Toddler recipe: red lentil sauce

5:05 PM Valerie Ohata 0 Comments



I already wrote earlier that red lentils are very healthy, they are rich in iron and other vitamins that children need. Since my child had severe anemia, my husband and I completely changed his diet, adding iron containing and healthy products. The results of the analyzes show that it really worked and all the vitamins, including hemoglobin, have perfect numbers. All my recipes for children are including vitamin and mineral rich products.
You can also add minced meat to the sauce. It should be fried lightly at the beginning with vegetables and then simmered with lentils. If you want you can add some favorite spices. Also suitable for adults, no need to cook separately :)

Lactose-, dairy-, milk protein-, egg-, flour-, sugar- and salt-free. Vegan.

To keep up with new blog posts please subscribe to my blog: clicking on "Like" on the Facebook page or by clicking on the right column on the "follow" link through the Gmail account.


Ingredients:

- 1/2 of onion
- 1/4 of red paprika
- zucchini
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 Tbsp of red lentils
- 5-7 medium sized tomatoes or chopped tomatoes in a can
- olive oil, water and seasonings if needed


Preparation:

1) Rinse lentils under cold water, drain the water.
2) Peel the onion, zucchini, garlic. Chop them (paprika also).
3) Heat the saucepan on the stove (but do not heat it much), add olive oil and put onion, paprika, zucchini and garlic, fry for 2 minutes.
4) Make tomato puree from tomatoes in a blender or use canned tomatoes.
5) Add the lentils, then tomato puree.
6) Simmer for 20 minutes under the lid on a small fire until lentils and veggies are soft.


Yours,
V.O.


If you use my recipes, please add a link of the original source (my blog). I do not allow to use my photos without my permission.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: