Recipe: Pavlova cakes

3:41 PM Valerie Ohata 0 Comments



My first Pavlov cakes and I will say honestly that for me and my husband they turned out to be very sweet (but for my parents and grandmother and grandfather there were just right). I liked these cakes on the next day right from the fridge. The cream is tender, the meringue on the outside is crispy, and is soft inside.
My husband said that next time I should reduce amount of sugar in the base and remove white chocolate from the cream. But who likes sweetness, he or she will like this recipe. Later I'll improvise with this recipe and do something new :) Subscribe to my Facebook page or blog (click on Follow) and follow the updates :)

Ingredients:

Base:

- 6 egg whites
- 300 g of sugar
- 1 tea spoon of vanilla paste
- 20 g of cornstarch
- 1 tea spoon of lemon juice
- 1 tea spoon of apple vinegar or vine vinegar

Cream:

- 250 g of mascarpone cheese (at room temperature)
- 100 ml of condensed milk
- 100 g of white chocolate
- 250 ml of heavy whipped cream
- berries for decoration (I used strawberries, cherries and mint leaves)

Preparation:

Base:

1) Carefully separate egg whites from the yolks and whip them slowly adding sugar.
2) Add vanilla paste and cornstarch while continuing to whip.
3) Add lemon juice and vinegar, whip egg whites to a steady shiny foam that keeps the shape.
4) Lay egg white mass on a baking sheet covered with baking paper, using a confectionery bag or a spoon. I made small cakes, but you can make a whole cake. Make small side edges to keep the cream inside.
5) Put in preheated to 100 degrees oven for 1.5 hours. Meringue will be a little beige and outside will not be soft, but will become dry.
6) Cool meringue and cook the cream at this time.

Cream:

1) Mix mascarpone at room temperature with condensed milk.
2) Melt white chocolate in a microwave, cool it a bit and add to mascarpone, mix.
3) Add heavy cream and whip with hand mixer until cream thickens. Do not over whip it, otherwise the cream will have pieces in it or even turn into butter. Cream can be whipped separately and then mixed with mascarpone.
4) Put cream in the cooled meringue and decorate with berries.


Yours,
V.O.



You Might Also Like

0 comments: